Bicycle Education Classes
Bicycle Basic 101: Introduction to Bicycle Repair
Beginner seminar on how to fix your bicycle
We will teach you:
- How to repair and maintain your bike yourself
- What tools you will need to fix your bike.
- Parts of the Bike
- How to fix a Cleaning and lubricate your bike
- Flat tire repair
- How to install a chain if it falls off
- How to trouble shoot a problem
- Basic Bike Fit adjustments
- Everything to keep your bike in shape
What to bring: Your bike. Clothing that you can get down and dirty in. If you have your own tools, bring them. If not, Wheelies will provide them.
Advanced Bike Repair Program
This program is an introductory 2 week course that will teach you the basics of on road and at home bicycle maintenance. The class is tailored around you and your bike. In each class, you will have hands on instructions, tools, and materials to improve your skills on maintaining troubleshooting and repairing your bicycle. This class is designed to give you the skills to:
- Understand your bike
- Maintain your bicycle to perform to its maximum.
- Troubleshoot and understand any problem with your bike
- Repair any problems that may come up and prevent them from happening
Besides the training and knowledge you will obtain, you will have access to our shop area with the tools, repair stands, and material specific to maintaining and repairing your bike.
This will give you the skills to fix any problems you come up against as well as the ability work in the bicycle business.
Park Tool School was developed by Park Tool the leader in tools and technology specific to the bicycle industry. We have tailored the curriculum to fit your bike and your skill level.
As part of the program you will receive the Park Tool Blue Book
Updated with new information, techniques, photos, procedures, and components, the BBB-3 3rd Edition is a complete repair manual created to provide both the novice and veteran mechanic the information needed to perform nearly any repair from trail side repairs to complete overhauls. Written by Park Tool Director of Education, Calvin Jones, the Big Blue Book is the perfect reference guide and step-by-step repair manual for nearly any bike, including road, mountain, bmx, and single-speed. We wrote the book on bicycle repair.
Upon completion of the course you will receive:
- A certificate of completion.
- Complete background information on your bike
- A list of all tools you will need to work on your bike
- The skills to fix and maintain most bicycles